I am a Kadanoff-Rice postdoctoral fellow at the University of Chicago, working in the group of Vincenzo Vitelli in the James Franck Institute. I work on theoretical soft and hard condensed matter physics. My current interest is mostly focused on the field of topological insulators and geometric phases.
Before that, I was a postdoctoral researcher at the Lorentz Institute for theoretical physics. Even before, I worked on topological phases of periodically driven crystals as a PhD student at the Laboratoire de Physique of the ENS de Lyon, under the supervision of David Carpentier and Krzysztof Gawędzki.
If you read French, I invite you to read a popular science article that I wrote for SFP's Le Rayon with Clément Tauber: De la lumière à sens unique : métamatériaux topologiques et guides d'onde unidirectionnels.
- Machine learning assisted measurement of local topological invariants, Marcello D. Caio, Marco Caccin, Paul Baireuther, Timo Hyart, Michel Fruchart,
- Topological waves in fluids with odd viscosity, Anton Souslov, Kinjal Dasbiswas, Michel Fruchart, Suriyanarayanan Vaikuntanathan, Vincenzo Vitelli,
- Metamaterials: The effective way, Michel Fruchart & Vincenzo Vitelli,
- Waves cornered, Michel Fruchart & Vincenzo Vitelli,
- Soft self-assembly of Weyl materials for light and sound, Michel Fruchart, Seung-Yeol Jeon, Kahyun Hur, Vadim Cheianov, Ulrich Wiesner, Vincenzo Vitelli,
- Phase rotation symmetry and the topology of oriented scattering networks, Pierre Delplace, Michel Fruchart, Clément Tauber,
- Complex classes of periodically driven topological lattice systems, Michel Fruchart,
- Probing (topological) Floquet states through DC transport, Michel Fruchart, Pierre Delplace, Joseph Weston, Xavier Waintal, David Carpentier,
- Construction and properties of a topological index for periodically driven time-reversal invariant 2D crystals, David Carpentier, Pierre Delplace, Michel Fruchart, Krzysztof Gawędzki, Clément Tauber,
- Topological index for periodically driven time-reversal invariant 2D systems, David Carpentier, Pierre Delplace, Michel Fruchart, Krzysztof Gawędzki,
- Parallel Transport and Band Theory in Crystals, Michel Fruchart, David Carpentier, Krzysztof Gawędzki,
- An Introduction to Topological Insulators, Michel Fruchart, David Carpentier,