A full-time 1-year postdoctoral position in Computer Science is available at the Laboratoire de l'Informatique du Parallélisme (LIP) of École Normale Supérieure de Lyon (ENS de Lyon), supported by the ANR project TWIN-WIDTH.
- Completed PhD (by September 2022) in Computer Science or Mathematics
- Strong academic background in algorithms and/or graph theory.
- Strong research track record in one or more of the following domains: algorithmic graph theory, algorithm engineering for graph problems, combinatorics, finite model theory, computational group theory, computer algebra
- An interest to work within the project funding the position
- Duties: Research in the above areas. The position does not come with teaching duties, thus French is NOT mandatory.
- Duration: 12 months
- Staring: September 2022 (flexible)
- Salary: Between 2690 and 3094€ of monthly gross salary according to experience (~2200-2600€ of monthly net salary)
- Location: Lyon is among the three largest cities in France. It has a rich history, architecture, and is renowned for its gastronomy.
It is well connected (~2h by train) to the French Alps, the French Riviera, and Paris.
ENS Lyon and LIP are vibrant environments to do research. They are central institutions in France with international visibility and highly selected students
(there might be opportunities for the recruited candidate to supervise or co-supervise bachelor or master students).
Applications include a detailed CV, a complete list of publications, a research statement, a selection of up to 3 best papers with a short summary.
First register there.
Then go to this url and just upload your full application in a single pdf file in "CV".
The "cover letter" is optional but you will have to put a dummy pdf to be able to validate your application.
Please arrange to have two reference letters sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications and reference letters is March 1st 2022.
(Please ignore the mention of the 17/02 deadline on the website)
Some candidates might be invited to a 20-minute interview in March.
Direct your informal inquiries (such as issues with submitting your application on the platform) to email@example.com.