My team at SWERC 2019. From left to right: my friends Zoé and Gaétan, and me.
I am Gabriel, a computer science student at ENS Lyon, currently in my second (and last) year of master. You can find my C.V. here.
I am most interested in Complexity theory and algorithm design, whether these are classical, randomized or quantum. In particular, I like to work on questions about understanding the limits and the power of various computational models (Turing machines, circuits, but also property testing, streaming, etc.).
The ENS gives to its students who completed a master’s degree the funding for a year of “pre-doctoral” research. Therefore, for the academic year 2021-2022, I am looking for opportunities as a visiting student / research intern in one of the aforementioned areas. I am also interested in following such a visit with a PhD, starting the year after that. If you are looking for students and would like to work with me, please send me an email!
To contact me:
Research experience: internships and visits
- May-July 2020: Streaming property testing of visibly pushdown languages, under the supervision of Tatiana Starikovskaya
- June-July 2019: Dynamic scheduling under memory constraints for shared-memory platforms, under the supervision of Loris Marchal and Yves Robert
- July 2018: Efficient dynamic programming algorithm for the computation of a contrast-invariant signal to noise ratio in imagery, under the supervision of Pierre Weiss
You can find below a list of my publications in conferences or journals, in reverse chronological order.
- Property testing of regular languages and applications to the streaming property testing of visibly pushdown languages. Gabriel Bathie, Tatiana Starikovskaya, Submitted to ICALP 2021.
- Revisiting dynamic DAG scheduling under memory constraints for shared-memory platforms. Gabriel Bathie, Loris Marchal, Yves Robert, Samuel Thibault, APDCM 2020.
This article received the "Outstanding Paper Award".
- Dynamic DAG Scheduling Under Memory Constraints for Shared-Memory Platforms. Gabriel Bathie, Loris Marchal, Yves Robert, Samuel Thibault, International Journal of Networking and Computing, 11 (2021), pp. 27--49
- Contrast invariant SNR and isotonic regressions. Pierre Weiss, Paul Escande, Gabriel Bathie, Yiqiu Dong, International Journal of Computer Vision, 127 (2019), pp. 1144--1161
During Fall 2019, I am organizing a reading group on Algorithmic Game Theory (based on the book by Nisan et al.). Contact me if you would like to attend it!