Chargé de Recherche, CNRS
Fluctuations in systems out of (or even far from) equilibrium.
introduction to this topic (pdf slides) that I gave at the
meeting on November 30th 2006.
- Experimental measurements of the fluctuations of the work W given to
and the heat Q dissipated by an harmonic oscillator in contact with a thermostat,
together with an analytical derivation of the the probability density function of W and Q.
Fluctuation Theorems for those two quantities are studied :
- arXiv preprint for the work W (letter).
- arXiv preprint for the heat Q (letter).
- arXiv preprint of a full report on fluctuations of W and Q,
with a formulation of the first principle, the study of transient evolutions and steady
states (with a linear or sinusoidal time-prescription of the driving), and the definition
of the distance from equilibrium.
- arXiv preprint Fluctuations in a resistor :
Fluctuation Dissipation Theorem (FDT) and Fluctuation Theorems (FT) for work and heat
have been tested on a model electrical system.
- arXiv preprint presenting a novel
method (from Pierre Gaspard)
to measure entropy production from time series, and how this has been exploited on our experimental data.
- arXiv preprint presenting experimental measurements
of extreme fluctuations of large negative amplitude in two turbulent flows, and how those
fluctuations verify the Fluctuation Theorem.
- arXiv preprint reporting a measure of effective temperature of Turbulence, with Antoine Naert.
Modeling the uterus
- arXiv preprint reporting the effect of increased coupling between cells over maturation of the uterus.
This work in collaboration with Jinshan Xu, Alain Pumir, Rajeev Singh and Sitabhra Sinha has been published in Phys. Rev. Lett., and has received some advertisement : in APS Physics and in Physics World .
Information Theory in Neurosciences
Collective Free Improvisation
- With Clément Canonne, we proposed a model for collective free improvisation,
using complex systems to describe the organisation of an improvisation piece in coherent and non-coherent sequences.
Last update: December 19th, 2006,